Saturday 16 April 2016

Travel Hack – Departure Cards




I’ll admit it. I can get impatient when it comes to travel. The last thing I like doing is waiting around. When it comes to international travel I just want to get through customs as quick as possible so I can get to the airline lounge or to look around Duty Free.

Last year when taking a school group to China one of the other teachers handed me departure cards for my group to fill out before we left. It was something I hadn’t thought of in past.

Usually when filling out these cards happens just as you go through the crying doors (departure doors) and once in there you find yourself waiting for bench space. When you get a space you find that the pen attached to the bench doesn’t work. So you then have to scramble around in your carry on luggage looking for a pen.

Whilst all this is happening, you see the checkpoints filling up with passengers and lines starting getting longer and longer. So you then rush the card and make mistakes.  If you are travelling with kids you have the extra stress of keeping and eye on them whilst you are filling out your card.

So before your next overseas trip, drop into a local travel agency and ask if they have any departure cards, fill them in at your leisure and save yourself a few minutes (and stress) when at the airport.

No comments:

Post a Comment