Thursday 14 April 2016

5 Reasons I Love Qantas Club





With an international trip coming up I am looking forward to using Qantas Club Lounge both here and their affiliate lounges overseas. Some friends ask if Qantas Club is worth it and in a word, Yes. If you are a fly a bit each year then the $510 Qantas Club membership is a no-brainer. But for myself who doesn’t fly too often this year I am glad that I have kept my membership up to date.

In no particular order here are 5 reasons I love my Qantas Club Membership.

  • Extra Baggage. Lets face it, it reduces stress when you don't have to worry about excess luggage. Qantas Club allows you to take 12kgs of extra luggage for international and 9kgs domestic. As someone who often travelled with a bike, this was a savior.
  • Showers. Most Qantas Club Lounges have showers. When travelling most hotels make you check out at 10am and with many international flights leaving in the evening it means that you can spend the day sightseeing, get to Qantas Club Lounge and freshen up before getting on the flight home. For long haul flights it means you can freshen up mid flight.
  • Food and Drink. Eat and Drink to your hearts content. From barista coffees, Neil Perry Meals to beautiful wines, you are going to find something to your liking. My kids favourite is the pancake making machine in the mornings.
  • Guest Access. You can take one guest into Qantas Club and if it’s a Qantas owned lounge kids don’t count towards that guest. So our family of 4 have been able to access the lounge on just my membership, allowing them all to experience the benefits. If you are flying domestically they don’t even need to be travelling.
  • Peace and Quiet in Comfort. When waiting for your flight I would much rather be sitting in comfort, in pleasant surroundings. This sure beats sitting in hard chairs at the gate with little to do. This comes in handy when you get an unfortunate delay like the 5 hour one we had at Heathrow when flying BA once.

So have had my Qantas Club membership for 8 years the only regret I have is that I never grabbed it for life when they had that option.



Oh I haven’t been paid for this endorsement, but feel free for an upgrade Qantas LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment