Thursday 5 May 2016

Onto Firenze







I woke sore from yesterday's run but I wanted to find Bramasole, the villa that Frances Mayes bought and renovated, that lead to the book and movie, Under The Tuscan Sun. I found it and it is very easy to see why she fell in love with the villa and the view. 

We had our final breakfast and had a wander past our favourite sites before catching the but to Camucia and then the train to Firenze (Florence). I think the kids were over looking out the window and were happy to play the iPad. 

Our first destination after checking into our hotel was the Duomo. Along the way we found some markets. We got Milana into bargaining, but I must say the they weren't as much of a push over as I remembered. The kids found the vendors a bit off putting the way they tried to get you in to buy. We just told them that this is a good practice for Hong Kong in a few weeks.  The kids were wowed by the Duomo, but less enthusiastic about the crowds. It seemed a lot busier than Rome. We wandered past the Uffizi Gallery and the lines were huge. The river Arno awaited us next and of course the Ponte Vecchio. Whilst it is impressive, it wasn't as impressive as I remembered. The streets here seem much cleaner than in Rome and the crowds a lot more arty. It was nice to be able to wander around. Last time here I was rushed from leather factory to leather factory and saw hardly anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment