Wednesday 4 May 2016

Cortona Day 4





I started my day with a run up to Torreone and the Medieval Castle at the top of Cortona, I took a turn down a road I had seen people running along earlier in the week and I am glad that I did. It was a beautiful loop and after running 4kms up hill it was nice to have a kilometre or two of flat ground. My legs will be sore tomorrow with a tough decent back to the town. 

As a family we took a walk down hill to the cemetery. It was a walled cemetery where the locals obviously because it was kept in excellent condition and many of the graves adorned with flowers. We continued down to the church of Santa Maria Nuova. There was a small tourist group doing yoga.

We had lunch overlooking the Valley. As I mentioned earlier it is a view you could never get sick of. The kids loved the little playground we found. We continued along passed the park and walked along a kilometre long avenue that was closed to cars. It was a beautiful and after running uphill this morning I wish I had of found it earlier, it would have saved my legs. We found the pool and tennis courts at the end of this avenue.

We finished the afternoon at the gelato store and ate it sitting on the steps. We had an interesting dinner. The host was very friendly but after the fact we didn't spend much on dinner he wasn't as friendly. It was nice but not as nice as the other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment