Saturday 3 December 2016

Mt Tarrengower Maldon


It’s become a bit of a tradition at our Grade 3 camp at Maldon to run up to the lookout on top of Mt Tarrengower. The whole run from the camp is a 9km return run. Mt Tarrengower is quite well known for the Mt Tarrengower Historic Hill Climb. The climb itself is listed as a 2km climb with an average gradient of 9.8%. Of course getting to the start of the climb is nearly all uphill from the Bluelight Camp where we stay.


Each year the plan is to get to the top ready for sunrise (and then to get back down before the kids wake up). In the past I have forgotten to take my phone with me to capture the beautiful sunrise that comes up over Mt Alexander. This year I remembered and I made it to the top just after the sun had come up. Maybe I left a few minutes later than in the past, or more likely I am just slowing down.


The lookout tower provides some great 360 degree views. Pity I don’t have the time to stay there and really take in the views before the quad smashing descent. The worst thing about the way down is that when you reach the bottom of the climb you have to run up a short sharp hill that brings you back to Maldon-Bridgewater rd. Your legs are gone and you feel uncoordinated running back up the hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment